Tuesday, November 27, 2012

song of the day 1

today, i start with my project 'song of the day'
every day, i will write about music that transcends everything, a song that strung a chord without a reason. maybe i will look for that reason, and maybe, that reason will lead me somewhere else.
there will be no boundaries of language, genre or performer.
i will listen to what my actions lead me to.

right now, my music is coming from a random guy, whistling down the street, a random tune i have never heard. yet it had strung a chord. it reminds me of times when i was free, with no other problem than having to wake up at 8 30 in the morning, in time for the 8 40 class. it reminds me of the corridors of my college hostel, where oblivious to the juniors lazing in their rooms and the seniors giving me the looks for my cheek, i would bang the door of my room open, shattering the serenity of a lazy january afternoor and walk out singing 'na na na naam tera mere, labo par aaya tha...', a cheesy hit number from the glorious 90s of Hindi cinema. the song had a beat that fitted perfectly with the pace i walked in, and it let me show up my high pitch too. and every time i sung it, i couldn't help but picture myself in the sexy yellow number raveena donned and akshay kumar drooled over. *sigh* good days...

so, thank you random guy with random tune on your lips... you reminded me of a time, a great time, when i had friends, when i was lazy, but not so lazy that i would forget the beauty of being luxuriously lazy, when everything was right with the world. maybe tomorrow, another song will remind me of something, for better or for worse.

M

No comments:

Google