Sunday, July 17, 2011

julie, julia and airtel

i was watching Julie & Julia today... something that inspired me to take up my long forgotten blog and prod it to see if it was still alive... i hoped that the come back would be an example of some brilliant word play or an example of some kind of awesomeness that only Barney Stinson is capable of... but heck no... Airtel wouldn't let me have that glory...

i was preparing to write something no short of a revelation when my brother called to ask for a recharge... well, my mother hardly gives him enough to get by, so the poor thing comes to me for the smaller evils... like phone recharge, or an occasional tattoo... he called me again today for another recharge, a mere 50 bucks. i geared up, opened the airtel website and punched in the numbers of my credit card and the pin in order to get the recharge done... when the stupid, too big for its boots, false promise making, irritating capitalist Airtel website refused to show me the last step of the process... i repeated the process 3 times to no avail...

i was about to blame the slow internet in the JNU campus when the realisation that Airtel had been duping me ever since the beginning of the month struck me-
1. i had done a 28 bucks ka recharge to reduce the call rates of my connection to 1p/sec, which not-surprisingly-considering-Airtel_had-been-doing-the-same-fucking-stupid-routine-forever didn't get activated. they took my money alright, but didn't get the service started,
2. it has become IMPOSSIBLE to talk to their customer care when you want to ask them what do I do about that,
3. they have started charging, fucking charging for the customer care calls, as if we are responsible for the trouble in our cells and we havce to pay if we want that solved
4. they have started i don't know what fucking stupid services on my phone like gyan darshan, first they say its free and then they start charging me money from the next month! i didn't bloody want that stupid service!
5. they randomly deduct my balance in the name of some airtel live service, which my phone being a 2001 model of nokia does NOT have! and when i tell them, they give me dates and stuff... bloody how do i access airtel when i don't even have the compatible screen!
6. they are just bandits who have kept their sms pack rates at an 88 when other services provide better packs

i imagined myself to be venturing forth on a new journey on my blog, a literary, intelligent, probably even an intellectual journey after i finished Julie and Julia... little did i know that neither of them had such deterrents when they began their lives best works...and I, sadly, do.

screw you airtel.

No comments:

Google